Friday, May 21, 2010

'I’m a Football Player and It Doesn’t Matter What I Think'

In one statement New York Jets quarterback demonstrates far better judgment that most anyone in the Obama demonstration and knows where his bread is buttered. Unlike some other idiotic athletes and teams (Los Suns, for examples) he realizes nobody cares what his political viewpoint is.

Smart kid.
Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had this to say Thursday about the Arizona law that allows police to detain those who are suspected of being in the United States illegally.

"When it comes to politics, my candid answer is, I’m football player and it doesn’t matter what I think," he said in a transcript provided by the New York Jets. "The most important thing is you see both sides. I haven’t read the legislature, so I won’t pass judgment on it.

"I understand both sides have a point to be made. While people coming across the border or people here who may appear like they’ve come across the border, if I said that hopefully politically correct, we don’t want to racially profile anyone, just like in an airport you don’t want to racially profile anyone. Same situation.

"At the same time, if you live in Arizona and somebody’s coming over in to your territory, it’s like, 'What’s going on? We need some sort of rule to stop that.' I wouldn’t pass judgment on it until I read the legislature. I’m interested in the topic, but at this point I don’t know enough about it to comment further."
We'll assume Sanchez meant to say legislation, so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hot Air links. Thanks!

No comments: