Thursday, February 18, 2010

Statement from Austin Suicide Pilot

The suicide pilot in Austin has been identified as Joseph Stack.
Authorities said they have identified the pilot as Joseph Andrew Stack.
Here is what one Joe Stack had to say. Consider this his suicide note. read the whole thing. Here's an excerpt.
As government agencies go, the FAA is often justifiably referred to as a tombstone agency, though they are hardly alone. The recent presidential puppet GW Bush and his cronies in their eight years certainly reinforced for all of us that this criticism rings equally true for all of the government. Nothing changes unless there is a body count (unless it is in the interest of the wealthy sows at the government trough). In a government full of hypocrites from top to bottom, life is as cheap as their lies and their self-serving laws.

I know I’m hardly the first one to decide I have had all I can stand. It has always been a myth that people have stopped dying for their freedom in this country, and it isn’t limited to the blacks, and poor immigrants. I know there have been countless before me and there are sure to be as many after. But I also know that by not adding my body to the count, I insure nothing will change. I choose to not keep looking over my shoulder at “big brother” while he strips my carcass, I choose not to ignore what is going on all around me, I choose not to pretend that business as usual won’t continue; I have just had enough.

I can only hope that the numbers quickly get too big to be white washed and ignored that the American zombies wake up and revolt; it will take nothing less. I would only hope that by striking a nerve that stimulates the inevitable double standard, knee-jerk government reaction that results in more stupid draconian restrictions people wake up and begin to see the pompous political thugs and their mindless minions for what they are. Sadly, though I spent my entire life trying to believe it wasn’t so, but violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer. The cruel joke is that the really big chunks of shit at the top have known this all along and have been laughing, at and using this awareness against, fools like me all along.

I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.


Joe Stack (1956-2010)

02/18/2010
Via Twitter.

So he considered Bush a puppet. Let's see the crazies twist this one. Funny, but he doesn't mention tea parties or Obama.

Update: The DUmmies are on to Stack's motivation already.
I find it strange that he keeps referring to the government but never says obama but went out of his way to say bush, would not be surprised if hes deliberately trying to not get labeled a teabagger.

I'm betting 20 bucks hes a teabagger
.
Over at Daily Kos we have this gem.

Teabagger terrorist attack on IRS building
After months of threats on the United States government, and government institutions, the Anti-Government forces known as the teabaggers have struck with their first 911 inspired terrorist attack.

AUSTIN, Texas - A low-flying small plane crashed into an office building that houses the Internal Revenue Service in Texas on Thursday, and officials said they were investigating whether it was an intentional act by the pilot.

rogue robot's diary :: :: I don't believe that I am alone in demanding the President use all means necessary to stop these radical terrorists.
Drew at AoSHQ predicts the fallout:
I still think the media is going to try to portray him as a right-wing nut, and specifically a Tea Partier -- since the Tea Party is formally nonpartisan, they can more easily tag him as being a "Teabagger type" and not sweat the actual politics, which seem LaRouchian and/or Paulian.

We're about to see the media double-standard in starkest terms. They would not discuss Amy Bishop's politics -- which were inarguably left-wing and goofy -- but we're going to hear endlessly about this lunatic crank's politics. Which aren't even right-wing -- he's ripping politicians for not doing anything about health care, for example.

It's rare that we have two analogous, directly-comparable cases occur so soon upon the heels of each other. So this will be a remarkably enlightening case study.
BTW, the Kos Kid redacted the headline above before I could get a screengrab. The loony text stands.

Thanks to Drew, Allahpundit and Instapundit for the links.

The FBI has taken down Stack's manifesto but TSG has screenshots of it.

Update: Allahpundit notes a breathtakingly dishonest dispatch from the Washington Post, where the "writer" in question is getting shredded in the comments. Says AP:
Follow the link and note the parts of the manifesto quoted by Capehart. Yes, of course the anti-Bush rhetoric and screeching about health care is omitted, but something even more revealing is omitted too. Here’s how Stack’s manifesto actually ended:

Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.


Joe Stack (1956-2010)

02/18/2010

And here’s how Capehart quotes the ending:

Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)

02/18/2010
What’s missing?
Capehart will probably be spreading his nonsense on MSNBC tonight.

Further reaction here.

It's safe to say we can officially coin the phrase Tea Party Derangement Syndrome.

Also, via Andy Levy, Stack apparently left a bomb in a vehicle at the airport where he departed (H/T Ace).

No comments: