Thursday, October 29, 2009

'Today God Helped Me Realise My Dream'

You can just tell he's had lust in his heart since the late 90's. Make that his late 90s.
Compared to Methuselah, he probably seemed a good catch.

Hundreds of people have attended the wedding of Ahmed Muhamed Dore, who says he is 112, and his bride, aged 17.

At the ceremony in central Somalia, Mr Dore - who already has 18 children by five wives - said he would like to have more with his new wife, Safia Abdulleh.

'Today God helped me realise my dream,' he said, after the wedding in the region of Galguduud.

The bride's family said she was 'happy with her new husband'.

Mr Dore said he and his bride - who is young enough to be his great-great-grand-daughter - were from the same village in Somalia and that he had waited for her to grow up to propose.

The marriage in the town of Guriceel is being described by Somalian historians as the first of its kind in the Horn of Africa nation for over a century.

'I didn't force her, but used my experience to convince her of my love; and then we agreed to marry,' Mr Dore was quoted by the BBC as saying.
Such a heartwarming love story.

No comments: