Monday, September 21, 2009

'To This Day, I Haven't Had a Girlfriend Because, With My Height, They're Generally Frightened'

C'mon, ladies, who doesn't like an eight-footer?
Here's a guy you can't help but look up to.

The newly-crowned tallest man in the world took a short stroll through the Big Apple on Sunday, making even jaded New Yorkers stop in their tracks.

Towering Turk Sultan Kosen, who stands 8-feet-1, sauntered across Fifth Ave., surrounded by a throng of curious onlookers. The 26-year-old gentle giant seemed to take his newfound fame in very big stride.

"I used to kind of hide away, but now I accept my height and accept that people are really interested," Kosen said through a translator. "I'm really proud, not only for me but also for Turkey, that I'm able to take this title."

Kosen, who is from Mardin in southeast Turkey, was officially named the tallest man in the world in the 2010 "Guinness Book of World Records," taking the title from China's Bao Xishun, who is 7-feet-9.
...
Yet for the big man with the big heart, finding love has been the tallest order.

"To this day, I haven't had a girlfriend because, with my height, they're generally frightened," he said.

"But eventually that's one thing I really want to have - and she doesn't have to be as tall as me."
Here's some video.

No comments: