Wednesday, September 30, 2009

'I Love French Fries, I Like a Good Burger, and I Like Pie'

Yes, we can tell. But we're supposed to pretend this woman is some sort of fitness freak according to yet another pandering puffpiece from the NY Daily News, which has turned fawning over this woman into a cottage industry. She seems to like dessert so much she sometimes even dresses up like a cake.
With all the incredible chefs and bakers in the presidential kitchen, what's Michelle Obama's secret to not gaining the White House 15? Moderation.

"I try to have no absolute no's," admits the 45-year old First Lady in the November issue of Prevention Magazine. "I love French fries, I like a good burger, and I like pie. And that's okay. I would be depressed if I felt I could never eat the things that I love."

She adopts the same policy when it comes to her children, Sasha and Malia.

"I also don't want my girls to be obsessed about food," she says. "We don't have a 'no junk food' rule – I just want them to think about their choices. When my older daughter asks, 'Can I have pie?' I'll say, 'Did you have it yesterday? Well, what do you think?' And she'll come to the conclusion that, 'You know, you're right, I shouldn't eat pie every night.'"

It's a lesson Obama has learned well, saying that in recent years, she's actually in better shape than ever before.
Really? You couldn't tell that from any recent photos. This one from last week, for example.

But according to the NYDN, she's up at 4:30 in the morning going through "grueling" workouts.

Sure.
But now that she's settled into her new routine, Mrs. O is back on track with her exercise.

She commits to a no-nonsense workout plan that involves 4:30 am workout sessions, which range from Pilates to cardio to weight training.

The grueling workout is worth it, when the world is watching her every move and muscle. Especially her biceps.

"I enjoy arm exercises because you can see what it's hitting," she says.
Naturally to accompany this drivel they give us yet another airbrushed magazine cover. I was getting worried about her under-exposure since I hadn't seen her or her husband on a magazine cover for three minutes.

No comments: