Thursday, July 23, 2009

'I Don't Know All the Facts'

He doesn't know all the facts, yet he makes a judgment and calls a police officer stupid.

Nothing like being a post-racial president.
"I don’t know – not having been there and not seeing all the facts – what role race played in that, but I think it’s fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home," Obama said in response to a question from the Chicago Sun-Times's Lynn Sweet.

Gates, Obama allowed, "is a friend, so I may be a little biased here. I don't know all the facts."
Oh, he might be a little biased, but it's OK to ruin an innocent cop's life and basically call him a racist.

For his part, James Crowley isn't backing down. Good for him.
“I just have nothing to apologize for,” he said. “It will never happen.”
More from Dan Riehl.

Update: If Obama wants to avail himself of the facts, maybe he ought to read the police report. Of course doing so would show Obama is a total chump and Gates is an angry racist asshole.

No comments: