Monday, October 22, 2007

HuffPost Hosts Media Whore


I see now she's going by Valerie Plame Wilson.

This shameless media whore has books to sell, so why not reach out to your core constituency of freakazoids and America-haters and go where the action is?

Finally Telling My Story

I'm Valerie Plame Wilson and I'm excited to be here and blog about my book Fair Game: My Life as a Spy, My Betrayal by the White House, which goes on sale Monday, Oct 22. When my publisher sent me the finished copy earlier this week, it was thrilling. It felt like a new chapter (forgive the pun) has begun on the journey that has taken some incredible twists and turns since July 14, 2003, when my covert identity was exposed and ended a career that I loved. I've written honestly about my life: why I went to work for the CIA, my paramilitary training, the sort of operations we developed and ran to find intelligence on Iraq's alleged WMD programs in the run up to the war, as well as personal information, such as my battle with postpartum depression and the difficulties I had going from a private to a public persona literally overnight.
Finally telling your story? As if we've never heard this pathetic tale before?

Please.

It gets worse.
Watching myself on 60 Minutes was surreal -- who can ever get used to seeing themselves on TV? I guess the book tour has really started and it will be a crazy week ahead. After four and a half years and everyone else in world talking about me, it feels good to finally be able to tell my story myself. It's a story about the consequences of speaking truth to power and the critical importance of holding our government to account for its words and deeds. I'm off to bed, because I have an early wakeup call tomorrow to do the Today Show.
I'm sure that will also be a surreal experience.

Naturally, as with virtually every HuffPost item, the crazies come out in droves. here's just a small sampling of utter moonbattery.
Dearest Valerie,
I appreciate your work in Iran and around the world as an agent for our country. Unfortunately, you ran into the most vile and despicable of humans known as neo-cons. As you know they will go after wives, kids, pets, it does not matter. You get in the way of their agenda and they will take you down.

What is interesting to note is what they have done to you is an act of treason. How do they get away with this ? How do we bring them up on charges ?

This group of GOPers wave their flags and talk about how Christian they are versus anyone else and yet they out a covert CIA agent whom was working on stopping IRAN from getting nukes ?

How does this happen and how hypocritical. Like you, I am very angry and not sure why the mainstream media is not investigating this thing deeper to bring the felons to justice that outed you.

Although, now I see the problem, when Chris Matthews came out on his own show and said that Dick Cheney's office was trying to silence him, I knew then and did b/f what is going on with our MSM. It's being held hostage by an agenda and not being true to self.

Valerie, you were a victim of rape. Not rape of your body, but raped by this administration through their wanton abuse and improper treatment of you and your husband. A willing media helped muddy the waters all the while pretending not to know or care about the pain you were going through.

Valerie, I hope and I pray that you get redemption and that these folks that did this to you will get their judgement. 1 way or the other.

I thank you for you service to our nation.

shhhhhhh

Reply | posted 07:08 am on 10/22/2007
The kook conspirators see nefarious manipulation of television signals.
Lescoeurs (See profile | I'm a fan of Lescoeurs)
Congratulations and kudos for your courage and determination, Valerie, during this awful chapter in American history. You are a beacon in these dark times. I don't like to play the paranoia card, but with Cheney and the CIA in this game, I had a chill go down my spine when, during the "60 Minutes" piece last night, at precisely the moment you began to talk of Cheney et al, at that moment until the end of the program, my screen went blank....a blank screen in a kind of pink color. I have Dish Network satellite delivery in the Los Angeles Area. Did anyone else experience such a problem ? Do I dare ask the obvious....did the Prince of Darkness censor this interview ?
Reply | posted 06:57 am on 10/22/2007
No, you idiot, it was Rove.

Hmmm. Do I smell a Ron Paul-Valerie Pflame Wilson ticket?
Quantumystic (See profile | I'm a fan of Quantumystic)
You and your husband Ambassador Wilson are BOTH American Heroes. I hope you both will consider positions in the administration of President Ron Paul. This country needs ALL the Constitutional suppoerters it can get! God Bless You Both!

Log in | posted 02:58 am on 10/22/2007

No comments: