Thursday, February 22, 2007

When Deranged Moonbats Attack

So nice to see everyone coming together in the spirit of bipartisanship recently ushered in by the Democrats. Michelle Malkin has the story of a lunatic stalker whose actions were totally glossed over in media accounts earlier this week.
U-n-h-i-n-g-e-d. And this is the tip of the iceberg.

Pannell recounted this weekend's ordeal for me:

"I was taking a shower a little after 5pm while two of my housemates were cooking dinner. A man (Stone) came to the door asking for Reed Pannell. He was very polite and had some military literature with him so the housemates assumed he was either a recruiter or a friend of mine from class. As they were waiting for me to get out of the shower, Stone came inside, sat down in our living room, and quietly read the paper while he waited. I rushed out of the shower, came down with just a pair of jeans on and shaving cream still on my face.

At this point, Stone politely stood up, shook my hand, and told me that he had found my address on facebook. He asked if I was a College Republican as it said on my account, I told him yes. He then asked me "Oh, so that means you support the war, right?" and I responded with a yes. He then said that since I was for the war, if I was interested in signing up for the army. At this point I was sure he was a recruiter, and I told him that I'd definitely look into it as soon as I graduate (I'm a junior political science/econ major right now at UMW). This is where something changed in his eyes and he started getting aggressive. He took a step towards me and said that I support the war, yet don't want to fight in it.
Read the rest. No doubt the nutroots will rally around their latest hero.

No comments: