Saturday, January 27, 2007

Schilling to Run Against Kerry?

Believe me, I have no love for the Boston Red Sox, though if this were to come to fruition, I'll donate time and money to the campaign.
A pitch for Red Sox ace Curt Schilling to replace John Kerry in the U.S. Senate.

Today's Boston Herald reports there's a move to draft Schilling as Kerry's opponent in the 2008 senate race.

An online poll of 800 voters has Schilling leading Kerry by 96 percent.

Schilling says he isn't ready to toss his hat into the political arena yet.
The Herald report says the groundswell began after a local radio host suggested Schilling would be an ideal candidate to run against Kerry in 2008.
But Schilling may doesn’t feel he’s a good match for Capitol Hill.

“While I am a registered voter, I have too many problems with the political scene, and I don’t think I’d fit into it,” he said.

Schilling, who is planning to retire from baseball after this season, did give a glimpse of what he would do in a political office. His first task would be to “fire everybody and anybody who had anything to do with the Big Dig,” he said.

Schilling said in 2008 he’ll vote either for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), whom he called a personal friend, or Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.). “If they are both on the ticket it will be a tough choice,” he said.
I imagine he has some loyalty to McCain after his years in Arizona. But Obama?

No comments: