Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bye Bye, Biden

The Loquacious Senator digs a hole he will likely never get out of. I have no beef with his derisively dismissing The Silky Pony, The Pantsuit, and Obama as serious presidential timber. Hey, I do it every day. But sometimes speaking candidly reveals an inner self you just may not want the public to see.
Mr. Biden is equally skeptical--albeit in a slightly more backhanded way--about Mr. Obama. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," he said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

I doubt Biden would care to elaborate on who he thinks are the dirty, inarticulate, ugly African-Americans he contrasts with Obama.

My question is, how quickly will the antique media bury this story? They can't possibly have one of their boys looking like a closet Klansman now, can they? They've already got a problem with and old Klansman, but I won't mention Senator Byrd.

Michelle has a couple of questions.
Question A: Who will press Joe Biden to name the names of the inarticulate and dim and dirty and unattractive African-Americans he was thinking about when he, um, complimented Barack Obama?

Question B: Will the Washington Post give this coverage equal to its Macacaphony over George Allen's racial blundering?

I'll give them a crack: A--Nobody, except maybe someone from FNC. B--Hell no.

Allahpundit thinks it's the shortest campaign in history. He has a point. Many other links over there.

No comments: